GSoC#1 Sounds like Summer!

After waiting anxiously for the results and refreshing the page hundreds of times to see, if, by any chance, the results were out before 2130 UTC, officially I'm in!!!

It seems like yesterday when I was an open-source newbie on IRC, with a little knowledge of programming in C and a bit of Python learned through university courses. Little did I know that writing programs is just the Prolog of the process called software engineering. Looks like the summer is going to be a lot of cmakes and compilation errors.

I will be working as a student developer under Google Summer of Code (GSoC) for The MacPorts Project. I would like to thank pixilla, cal, and ijackson for helping me get started, being patient throughout my doubts, and giving feedback on my proposal.

                                               GSoC'17MacPorts


I'll try to post updates over here every 2 weeks and try to document as much as it's feasible for me. So, watch out for more about the project.

My GSoC: MacPorts proposal can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment